Friday, August 3, 2007

A Promise Kept

The ticker in my sidebar says I'm 14 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Every few days Ali or Jair remarks, "Mommy, your tummy looks bigger. Our baby is growing." They faithfully remind me not to eat too much ice cream, because "It isn't good for our baby."

I'm glad to be in my second trimester. Now I can think about something other than surviving until my next nap! I'm eager to update you all on our summer, which has included such major events as taking a family vacation to Chicago and putting our house up for sale plus the usual assortment of pictures, stories, and quotes from the little ones.

But first things first - I have a promise to keep. Friend and fellow mommy-blogger Alyssa tagged me over a week ago. I froze for a while, but finally I'm responding. First, the rules of blog-tagging:

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (If you're a non-blogger, you can email them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Now for eight random facts/habits about myself:
1. I eat peanut butter by the spoonful. Any kind will do, but natural chunky is best.
2. As a small child, I had three front teeth. A dentist extracted the middle one.
3. Also as a small child, I put my hand on a storm door's glass pane and shattered it. The resulting scar on my right wrist has come in handy, since ...
4. Sometimes I am directionally challenged. My only car accident occurred when my navigator said "Turn right." and I turned left. If only I had remembered to look down at my wrist for the scar ...
5. I can't remember the last time I had a true desire to watch a movie. I will gladly watch a worthwhile movie with a friend, but I have absolutely no movies on my "must see" list.
6. I feel the same way about the homemade salsa I just made as I do about peanut butter. Garden fresh tomatoes and plenty of cilantro are a must.
7. I played defensive tackle on my flag football team in college. I'd forgotten, but my husband remimded me just now. I don't remember much except that one glorious sack ...
8. My husband's boss spreads the myth that I am a gourmet cook who offers a menu of restaurant-quality items every night. I have no idea how I earned this completely false reputation .... although that salsa could beat the best from any Mexican restaurant.

Now I'm tagging:
1. Chris and Mandy
2. Tara
3. Mark (To make this more challenging for you, I suggest you post eight non-random facts about yourself.)
4. Grace
5. Kyle
6. Danielle (Will you still be my friend even though I haven't called you yet?)
7. Kelsey
8. Melissa

And finally, a warning:
This is the last time I'll be tagged. As stated clearly in the founding post, I am neither a meatball nor a minute, and this blog is not about me.

3 comments:

  1. You've always been good at keeping your promises. Writing is such a talent for you. That's why I was most anxious to read your "tagged blog".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always be your friend...I haven't called you either(I think we're bad at this)I'll try and think of 8 random things but I think it will be a challenge! I love you and miss you! Tell Ali I love her and miss her too! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear more about you though!! Although, I do enjoy reading about your family.

    ReplyDelete