Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Hilarious Waste of Time

A pool of water flowing from our freezer welcomed us home tonight. Inside the freezer I found some very cold juice hiding in our popsicle molds and some mushy green veggies pretending to be frozen broccoli. I tucked Ali, Jair, and J.D. in bed and started cooking thawed meat. While I waited for the chicken to finish baking, I went to shut down the computer and thought I'd check on my favorite blog (my favorite blog not written by someone I know, that is): Amy's Humble Musings.

A comment there lead me to a hilarious web page, The Dialectizer. It translates any web page into the dialect you select. Here's an example of Meatball Minutes in Elmer Fudd dialect:

A Biwthday Wesson
Yes, I shouwd have known bettew. No, I wasn't thinking cweawwy when I said he wouwdn't touch it. De mowaw of the stowy? Nevew set a fwaming object in fwont of a one-yeaw-owd who missed his nap.


Here we are in Redneck:

Scurryin'
Mah husbin read t'me last night fum Dallas Willard's Th' Great Omisshun. This hyar pareegraph exposed mah indless chase of thet phantom day as th' sin it is: "Menny fine-meanin' varmints ... kinnot succeed in bein' kind on account o' they is too rushed t'git thin's done ..."

And here is J.D.'s birthday as it would be described by a Swedish Chef:

J.D.'s Furst Burthdey
J.D. is tuu yuoong tu celebrete-a hees burthdey veet oooor femeely's tredeeshunel breekffest in bed. Bork bork bork! Insteed, ve-a sung "Heppy Burthdey" tu heem furst theeng in zee murneeng. Immedeeetely Elee und Jeur vunted tu knoo, "Cun he-a velk noo?" und "Vhy isn't he-a telkeeng, Mummy?" Zeey tuuk me-a leeterelly vhee I seeed he-a vuoold velk und telk "vhee he-a is oone-a."


The timer is beeping for the chicken, so that's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment