Sunday, January 28, 2007

Why our daddy is a good daddy

My husband's phone call interrupted an otherwise quiet lunch the other day. When I hung up the phone I told my kids, "You have such a good daddy. Do you know that?"

"Yes!" they shouted. Then I asked them why their daddy is a good daddy. Here are the answers they gave me, verbatim. When they realized I had started writing these down, they insisted I write down exactly what they said.

1. He plays fun games with us.
2. He jumps with us.
3. He teaches us a lot of things.
4. He prays for us at night.
5. He has strong muscles.
6. He can carry two kids.
7. He can carry his wife.
8. He can carry himself.
9. He feeds J.D.
10. When Mommy is gone, he feeds us.
11. He goes out in storms by himself.
12. He watches movies with us.
13. He colors with us.
14. He might paint with us sometime.
15. We like pie! (Jeremy often brings leftover pie home from work.)
16. He always looks happy, and he loves his children!
17. Mommy likes his hair messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment