Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I can't believe it!

Yesterday morning, a curly-haired little boy woke me up with a hug, his brown eyes shining. Minutes later we heard his sister coming down the stairs, whispering, "I can't believe it! I can't believe it!" She jumped into my room. "Mommy, it's SNOWING!" She admired the light dusting of snow on our deck, then turned to me with squinted eyes and a scrunched nose. "Is it ... Christmas?"

(She had a similar reaction on Christmas morning: "It cannot be Christmas. There is no snow.)

While the baby took his morning nap, we bundled up and went outside to play in the long-awaited snow.

Almost everything had melted by afternoon, so we made a snow scene inside. The best part was shaking all the salt from the salt shaker.

Now which is more suprising - that the first real snowfall of the winter didn't come til January 16, or that I actually did a craft today?

No comments:

Post a Comment