Saturday, October 27, 2007

Eat More Fish

September was a busy month for us, to put it mildly.

We learned at the beginning of the month that the smallest member of our family is a boy! Everyone is very excited - even Ali, who will have to keep waiting and praying for her little sister. The baby's name will be Jonah David. And no, you are not the first one to think of a "Jonah in the belly of the whale" joke.

In the middle of the month a family made an offer on our home. We accepted and moved on September 23rd. Our new place is actually our old place - the condo Jeremy and I lived in for the first two and half years of our marriage. After renting it out for the last three years, we've come to the conclusion that we can't find more reliable renters than ourselves.

Moving with children is always an adventure. Meals and naps and discipline and baths and bedtimes must go on, no matter how many boxes remain unpacked. Add to that the adjustments required when you move from a 1650-square foot home (with a three-car garage, spacious attic with pull-down stairs, and two storage barns in the back yard) to a 900-square foot condo (with a scary hole-in-the-ceiling attic and a tiny shed on the back patio), and you might imagine that I've been somewhat busy and distracted lately.

Ali pointed this out to me when I forgot to pass out forks at lunchtime one day. "Mommy, you've been forgetting a lot of things. I think you need to eat more fish instead of always eating Reuben sandwiches!"

I'm glad our comments on the nutritional value of fish have sunk in. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who needs to improve her brain power. When Jeremy gave Ali a list of three things to tell me, she said, "Daddy, I think you better call her. I have not eaten enough fish."

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you so much! I remember how it feels to move with three little people. It's good to be able to read up on the Bialek adventures (and wonderful quotes) again. We need to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete