Monday, September 17, 2007

Hats

The routine is the same each morning. I hear some rustling upstairs and go up to find J.D. sitting in his bed, wide awake, sucking his thumb and fingering his fleece blanket. When he sees me, he smiles and starts running through an inventory of all his favorite words: "Key! Key! [Blankey.] Tree! Car! Truck! Dog! Puppy! Cup. Cup. Cup. Cup. Cookie. Cookie." We head downstairs to get him a drink and some breakfast (which is usually not a cookie), and he continues to look for things to name.

One of his favorite objects to spot is a hat. His aunts and uncles entertained him with a straw sombrero today, which he enjoyed much more than the last hat they put on him.


1 comment:

  1. What beautiful blue eyes!! Where did he get those from?
    I will be gone tonight and tomorrow night, but I'll catch up with you sometime soon. I'll be praying for you as you move. I can definitely empathize with all the work and thought that goes into it...

    ReplyDelete