Tuesday, March 27, 2007

First Words

Wherever we went, people commented on my baby girl's big blue eyes. She paid attention. When she was 10 1/2 months old, we flew home for Christmas. She pointed at the faces of all our fellow passengers, saying, "Eyes. Eyes. Eyes. Eyes."

A few days after his first birthday, my cuddly boy crawled into our bed to give his daddy a wake-up kiss. Then he sat back with a smile and whispered, "Kiss."

My big ball of sunshine is five weeks away from turning one. This past month, he has been uttering something that sounds like a cross between up and out when I unbuckle him from his car seat, high chair, or stroller. Today he finished his lunch before the rest of us were done. He caught my eye and said - with raised eyebrows and a grin - "Out." I gave him an "Official First Word" kiss before I set him down to play.

1 comment:

  1. "Out" is such a great third child first word. Isn't it the sweetest thing to hear your baby talk!

    ReplyDelete