Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Donkeys for Lunch

Mealtimes get more entertaining every week. Ali has learned that ham is made from pigs, so today she asked me a question about her pig sandwich. I told her people usually call pig ham when it's on a sandwich. "I know," she nodded. "But I call it pig."

Jair added, with a casual shrug of his shoulders, "And I call it donkey."

Next Ali wanted to know, "What kind of animal is cheese?" I told her cheese is made from the milk we get from cows, and I should have known the next question would be, "How do they make the milk into cheese?"

Had to check Wikipedia to answer that one. Turns out, reading about the cheese-making process is no more appetizing than thinking about eating a donkey.

Donkey 'n' stomach enzyme sandwich, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment